If you want to benefit from whey protein, it is important that you find out whether or not the protein is produced from cows that are fed with grass. The whey obtained from grass fed cows is best for your protein intake. In this article we will focus on the main reasons as to why you ought to include grass fed whey in your daily diet. So, check out the reasons.
- Avoid metal poisoning -Denaturing is the process in which whey is separated from proteins. For this process chemicals are used at high temperatures. This is in case of conventional whey proteins. So, you may be exposed to heavy metals that can lead to metal poisoning. But if you are opting for grass fed whey, it is natural and will not cause any harm.
- Avoid antibiotics – It is usually seen that cattle is oftentimes administered antibiotics in their feed. And this has led to a condition known as antibiotic resistant pathogens. However, the cows that are fed grass are usually not given these antibiotics. As such the whey obtained when consumed pose less of a health problem in human beings.
- Susceptibility to illness is reduced- It has been observed that cows that are treated with growth hormones usually are bigger, grow faster and produce lots of milk. This makes them susceptible to illness. But in case of grass fed whey, natural nutrients are administered to cows which can prevent side effects of the hormones.
- Healing agent – Aside from being used to build muscles, whey is used for detoxification, gives rise to healthy intestinal flora, and facilitates effective absorption of nutrients. And this is possible with the help of whey that is obtained from grass fed cows.
- No harmful pesticides - A cow that is being fed with natural grass and hay indicates that it is not being fed with corn and soy that oftentimes contain pesticides that are fed into the seed’s genome. These pesticides can in turn cause harmful effects on human beings when they consume the protein.
- Conjugated linoleic acid benefits- Cows that are fed with grass usually produce the beneficial trans fat Conjugated linoleic acid has been found to have anti cancer properties and can also help you in reducing the abdominal fat around the waist.
- Less methane exposure – It has also been found that grass fed cows produced less methane as compared to cows that are fed with unnatural diet with lots of chemicals, hormones, and steroids.
Due to the above reasons, it is best to opt for grass fed whey in your diet.